The ACE Telelearning facility was created to deliver a video conferencing experience inside a classroom while consuming a minimal amount of resources.
- Sound conditions are controlled for loudness, reflection, and absorption, to optimize audio communication between students and instructors.
- The facility is equipped with specialized materials, acoustic tiles, and wall mounted microphones with advanced controls
- Audio features include full duplex transmission, continuous auto-calibration, acoustic echo cancellation, built-in sound masking, and position-based control.
- Advanced speaker tracking automatically directs the camera to the specific individual speaking, to facilitate interaction with remote instructor.
- Instructors are provided with an accurate visual representation of the conference room through a 1080p autozoom camera, with lighting carefully selected at 3500k color temperature and a color rendering index of 90+
- 1Gbps connectivity with Ugandan Research partners and 200Mpbs internet connectivity provided by Research Education Network Uganda (RENU).
- the local wireless network is capable of achieving 1000mpbs speeds through the most recent 802.11ac.wireless protocol.
- Has 24 workstations.
- Optimized hardware that saves energy.
- Superior audiovisual and networking experience.
- Optimized for remote lectures and collaborations.
- Interactive Classroom Instruction.
- Remote lectures, seminars, courses.
- Multi-site scientific meetings and webinars.
- Training via E-learning.